Amazon Price $99
Evaluation and Management of Cleft Lip and Palate: A Developmental Perspective provides fundamental knowledge of cleft palate anomalies and the current state of evidence-based practice relative to evaluation and management. This text contains information on the standard of care for children born with craniofacial anomalies from a developmental perspective along with clinical case studies to help facilitate understanding of the material.
Why adopt this textbook:
- Provides a developmental focus that provides a better understanding of the nature of craniofacial problems and the timetable for management and treatment
- Covers material in a data-driven and evidenced based format, blending scholarly and clinical information
- Well-illustrated in full color with 200+ clear colored pictures many of which are actual structures and people rather than line drawings including pre- and post-treatment results
- Presents the role of the speech-language pathologist in all aspects of care (i.e., before and after surgery from infancy to adulthood)
- Emphasizes oral conditions (dental and occlusal) that impact speech in the school-aged child
Compared with other textbooks this book covers:
- An entire chapter devoted to adults with cleft lip and palate underscoring quality of life
- An entire chapter on the school-aged child
- A detailed chapter devoted to alveolar bone graft with detailed photo illustration and discussion of treatment outcome
- Detailed chapter on maxillary advancement with detailed photos, discussion of treatment outcomes related to speech, airway, and hearing
- Presentation of surgical treatment based on development age
- Chapter on hearing offers a practical approach to ear problems and hearing loss associated with cleft and craniofacial anomalies, and provides a summary of hearing tests that should be familiar to the reader and suggestions about counseling families
- Chapters on Speech Characteristics and Assessment are written from a speech science perspective and evidence-based
Supplementary materials on a PluralPlus companion website include:
- Accompanying workbook with multiple choice questions and critical analysis questions with guided answers to ensure appropriate understanding of the material
- High quality audio clips with histories
This graduate-level text targets speech-language pathology students, as well as audiology students, medical students, and graduate students studying communication disorders.
Purchasers of this book receive complimentary access to supplementary materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website.
To access the materials, log in to the website using the URL and Access Code located inside the front cover of your copy of Evaluation and Management of Cleft Lip and Palate: A Developmental Perspective.
*Note Regarding Access to Supplementary Content Online: This book comes with related materials hosted on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will NOT be able to use it. To guarantee access to the supplementary materials on the website, it is recommended you purchase a new/unsused copy of this book directly from Amazon or the publisher, Plural Publishing, Inc. If you purchase from other resellers, check with the reseller regarding the validity of the access code before completing your purchase. The publisher will not replace inactive access codes to customers renting or purchasing used books from Amazon or via other resellers.
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing Inc; 1 edition (February 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1597565512
- ISBN-13: 9781597565516