Drs. Cohen, Powderly and Opal, three of the most-respected names in infectious disease medicine, lead a diverse team of international contributors to bring you the latest knowledge and best practices. Extensively updated, the fourth edition includes brand-new information on advances in diagnosis of infection; Hepatitis C; managing resistant bacterial infections; and many other timely topics. An abundance of photographs and illustrations; a practical, clinically-focused style; highly-templated organization; and robust interactive content combine to make this clinician-friendly resource the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, current information you need.
- Hundreds of full-color photographs and figures provide unparalleled visual guidance.
- Consistent chapter organization and colorful page layouts make for quick searches.
- Clinically-focused guidance from “Practice Points” demonstrates how to diagnose and treat complicated problems encountered in practice.
- The “Syndromes by Body System”, “HIV and AIDS”, and “International Medicine” sections are designed to reflect how practicing specialists think when faced with a patient.
- Over 100 Self-Assessment test questions online help study for certification and recertification.
- Sweeping updates include new or revised chapters on: Hepatitis C and antivirals Fungal infection and newer antifungals Microbiome and infectious diseases as well as advances in diagnosis of infection; Clostridium difficile epidemiology; infection control in the ICU setting; Chlamydia trachomatis infection; acquired syndromes associated with autoantibodies to cytokines;; management of multidrug resistant pathogens; probiotics, polymyxins, and the pathway to developing new antibiotics HIV including HIV and aging, antiretroviral therapy in developing countries, and cure for HIV.
- Online Antimicrobial pharmacokinetics mannequin, as well an all new HIV medicine mannequin are a useful visual source of treatment information Advance clinically with practical, innovative, highly visual guidance that allows you to effectively treat and manage all your patients’ diseases.
- Hardcover: 2016 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (August 4, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702062855
- ISBN-13: 978-0702062858