Publisher Version15 Points ~ $1.5
Price $33 (Amazon)
Psychodynamic Neurology: Dreams, Consciousness, and Virtual Realty presents a novel way of thinking about the value of dreaming, based in solid comprehension of scientific research on sleep and dreams, but with deep understanding of psychoanalytic and other interpretations of dreams.
- Surveys the remarkable history of sleep research over the past few decades
- Examines the neurobiology of sleep and its implications for consciousness and well-being
- Addresses the nature of waking and dreaming consciousness and how they are deeply related
- Presents the neurogenesis, function, and clinical importance of a brain-based dream theory
Our dreams are a mixture of anticipated virtual as well as remembered real experience. This book tells the story of how neuroscience has helped us reach this startling and exciting conclusion and how the new scientific model builds upon and departs from the dream theories of the past.
- Paperback: 282 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (October 15, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1482260549
- ISBN-13: 9781482260540